Some time ago, I wrote a series of essays. I discovered that for me, writing helped distill moments of insight I experienced as I worked on learning to live life differently and better. Since my writing served me, I hoped it might serve others. I hoped that by sharing, we might all benefit and learn together. In that same spirit, I still maintain these thoughts and reflections. Life really is a marvelous and astonishing thing – even when it sucks. Together, we can all help create and live powerful, fulfilling lives.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The First Morning Moment
How it all began, quite by "accident."

Nov. 6th, 2002


Welcome to the Morning Moment Archive!

Within these pages you will find words of inspiration, encouragement and the
wisdom of Spirit expressing Itself through the journey of my life. These are my thoughts, written down to help me embrace a new and better way of living, loving, relating and being. To help me learn to do things differently and better. It is my journey toward greater self-acceptance, awareness and growth.

Quite by “accident”, I discovered that sharing my thoughts and my joy, my pain, my lessons and my learning was meaningful and perhaps even transformative for others who also desire to dance with the evolutionary impulse of recognizing and realizing the many faces within the One Face. I hope you find someone thought provoking and meaningful as you wander through this part of my life, which is your life, which is the Eternal Life that we all share as Whole and part, Weaver and woven, Love embracing the Kosmos, One with All. How beautiful it is, how magnificent, how joyous! How very like the morning. (Especially when you can sleep through it…)



The First Morning Moment

Another Beautiful Day Dawns.

And with it comes all the limitless potentiality of the present now moment, that space of eternal stillness where all that is real happens. So I think about all that is unreal, on some level or another: our projections, imaginations, fears, limiting patterns, conditioning, thoughtless non-responsiveness -- all the things that pull us relentlessly away from the beauty of right now. A part of my self stands forward and cries, "Stop!"

Center, Breath, Be.

Ahh, there is calm; there is peace; there is happiness; there is contentment. And I say, thank you for sharing this moment with me.

Today I am different. Today I share the sentiment of Ebenezer Scrooge when he
exclaimed: "I'm not the man I once was."

So, to carry the moment forward, to allow it to propagate itself like mitosis, each wondrous moment of limitless potentiality splitting off into the next becomes my priority and my pleasure. A part of my self stands forward and cries, "Right on!" <= (the happy hippie part, ha!)

Today I celebrate; today I laugh; today I cry. Today -- I simply am.

And you are too!

With love and aloha,

Holman

Update (May 21st, 2014): As I re-post these old thoughts and reflections in this new format, I get a chance to re-experience them as new, to re-think and re-reflect. A lot of time has passed and with it a lot of water under the bridge. I remember this day, not much of it, but I remember sitting down at the computer and putting words to what I was feeling. Much of these essays came from the intense personal pain I was going through. The confusion and uncertainty, the conflict and chaos gave rise to some of my greatest moments of insight. Pain sucks, but oh what we can learn from it. In this moment I feel the sadness of my suffering and the uplifting triumph of translating hardships into resolve and suffering into deep spiritual feelings. I am grateful for this reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment